Thursday, August 8, 2013

huevos

Short and sweet this morning....

Love your morning eggs?  I like to eat eggs a few times a week.  They always tide me over till lunch without that feeling of starvation that can occur if I have a low in protein breakfast.  Eggs have a great mix of protein and fat to fuel you up without weighing you down.  Here's a small breakdown of an egg.

                             Whole egg   White      Yolk
Energy calories         72            17            55
Protein grams            6.3           3.6           2.7
Carbohydrate grams  0.4           0.2           0.6
Total Fat grams         4.8           0              4.5

Lately, I scramble one whole egg and two whites, keeping it lean, in a small amount of coconut or olive oil. This gives me a total of 106 calories 13.5 grams of protein and only 4.8 grams of fat (does not include oil).  I also add some steamed spinach- an easy way to steam spinach is micro for 30 seconds or sautee in your pan before the eggs- and salsa to get my veggies in and keeping it green! How do you like your eggs?  How do you keep it lean and green? What's your favorite-tide you over till lunch-breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment